EUGENE, Ore. -- The City of Eugene has narrowed down the list of street names to six.
After weeks of voting, Mayor Lucy Vinis will choose from the shortened list to name three new streets springing up from the development of the new Riverfront Park along the Willamette River in Eugene.
During the initial stage, the city called for suggestions, and received more than 1,000 ideas. The ciy then curated the list to 12 so residents could select their favorites.
Below are the final six names and how many votes they received:
- Annie Mims/Mims: 369
- Wiley Griffon: 363
- NakNak: 363
- Akawan: 219
- Cannery: 185
- Chifin: 158
To learn about these names and the other six finalists, click here.
Interestingly, an informal KEZI 9 News poll ended with very different results. We received more than 700 votes!
Below is a chart of the most popular names, according to KEZI viewers:
Are you surprised Track Town didn't make the city's list? Let us know if you agree with the city's six finalists in the comments below.
- The votes are in: Which finalists made the cut for Eugene's new street names?
- Voting continues for new street names in Eugene
- Voting for Eugene riverfront street names begins Sunday
- City of Eugene names finalists for police chief
- Eugene wants suggestions for new street names
- Eugene invites you to meet the police chief finalists
- Eugene School Board announces finalists for vacant position
- Skinner named Eugene's police chief
- Eugene Police promote safety at Sunday Streets
- Eugene Police Department unveils Street Crimes Unit