VIDA, Ore. -- Highway 126 is open Monday after a crash killed a Vida man and stopped traffic for hours on Sunday.
Oregon State Police identified the victim as Michael Greenbaum, 79, of Vida. They said he was riding a bicycle at the time of the crash.
Investigators said Greenbaum turned into the path of driver Samuel Smith, 26, of Eugene, who was driving westbound on the highway near milepost 37. Smith was not injured in the crash, police said.
McKenzie Fire and Rescue and the Oregon Department of Transportation assisted.
- Vida man dies in fatal crash on Highway 126
- Man killed in crash on Highway 126
- Police: Fatal crash closes Highway 126 for hours
- Crash near Walton closes Highway 126
- One killed in crash on Highway 126
- Springfield woman dies after crash on Highway 126
- Highway 126 closed after multiple collisions
- Lumber spill on Highway 126 closes lane
- Couple faces charges after crash on Highway 126
- Crashes cause delays on Highway 126 in Springfield