EUGENE, Ore. -- A man is in custody after allegedly stabbing a man in the chest in Eugene early Saturday morning, police said.
23-year-old Wyatt S. Kaeo-Persinger reportedly got into an argument over property with a 20-year-old man on Oak Street and East 5th Avenue at 5:14 a.m., according to the Eugene Police Department. The two separated and met up several minutes later, getting into a fight.
Police say Kaeo-Persinger stabbed the other man in the chest. The man was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Kaeo-Persinger was later located nearby and was allegedly found in possession of methamphetamine, police said. He was charged with second-degree assault and methamphetamine possession.
- Man arrested after allegedly injuring 1 in Eugene stabbing
- Man arrested after stabbing in Eugene
- Stabbing suspect arrested in Eugene
- Roseburg man arrested for allegedly stabbing, killing man
- Eugene man hospitalized after stabbing
- Eugene man arrested for allegedly threatening a security guard
- Eugene man arrested in North Bend for allegedly stealing car
- Eugene man allegedly rear-ends detective
- Suspect arrested after man stabbed outside Starbucks in Eugene
- Man stabbed during fight in downtown Eugene