ROSEBURG, Ore. -- More than 80 veterans attended the third-annual Vets and their Pets event Friday, which was hosted by Aviva Health.
Aviva Health is a local health care provider that serves patients in Douglas County. The event was held in the parking lot of the organization’s clinic off Kenneth Ford Drive.
Organizers said the goal is to honor veterans and their families by providing them with resources and other services before Veterans Day.
“It’s incredibly gratifying to me personally to hear their stories and talk to them about their experiences,” said Mark Tsuchiya, the marketing and development director for Aviva Health. “It just makes me appreciate how much more the sacrifices they made for our country.”
Veterans who attended received free haircuts, food, veterinary services and pet vaccinations for their animals from more than 10 local organizations in Douglas County.
Organizers said veterans were also provided with housing, employment and health care resources as needed.
- Veterans attend third-annual Vets and their Pets event
- Veterans Day events, closures
- Veterans Treatment Court helps vets in need
- Hundreds attend annual Tree Lighting Celebration
- Thousands attend annual Springfield Christmas Parade
- Thousands attend 23rd annual K9 competition
- Large crowd attends pet food drive at Hop Valley
- Whiteaker residents attend 'Presence Kneaded' event with EPD
- Thousands honor Veterans during annual parade
- Thousands attend 13th Annual Good Earth Home, Garden & Living Show