VENETA, Ore. -- A Veneta man is in jail after a standoff with the Lane County Sheriff's Office.
The Lane County Sheriff’s Office says just after 10 a.m. Wednesday, they received a report that 47-year-old Marvin Dean was suicidal and had possibly shot himself at a residence in the 88000 Block of Crystal Street in Veneta.
When deputies arrived at the home, they found Dean unharmed, but the sheriff's office says he was highly intoxicated and extremely agitated. The deputies left after Dean made it known that he had several guns.
Not long after, the Lane County Sheriff’s Office received a complaint alleging Dean had committed domestic violence against his spouse.
Since deputies knew Dean was armed with several firearms and because of his previous threats towards deputies, the Lane County Sheriff’s Office Special Response Team served a search warrant for Dean.
The sheriff's office said Dean refused to exit the house for over an hour and threatened to shoot any law enforcement officers that tried to come inside.
Dean was eventually forced out of the house and arrested after deputies used chemical agents and a non-lethal projectile.
The sheriff's office says Dean was taken to the hospital as a precaution. He was then lodged at the Lane County Jail for unlawful use of a weapon, assault, strangulation, menacing, felon in possession of a weapon, and interfering with a peace officer.
- Veneta man arrested after standoff with police
- Police arrest Springfield man after armed standoff
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff
- Veneta woman arrested, accused of intimate relationship with minor
- Two arrested after deputies serve search warrant at Veneta home
- Firefighter arrested for DUII after four-vehicle crash near Veneta
- Police draw out, arrest man after four-hour standoff
- Roseburg man arrested after armed standoff
- Veneta family recovering after horrific rollover crash
- Deputies investigating vandalism reports in Veneta area