SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A local family is recovering after they were involved a horrific rollover crash on Sunday evening. The family said they were all trapped inside their truck except for their 8-year-old daughter who was able to get out and comfort them as they waited for help for more than an hour.
Tiffany Davis told KEZI 9 News her family was driving home on Stage Coach Road near Mapleton that night. She said when they tried to make room for a full-size truck coming towards them, they lost control and started rolling in their truck down an embankment.
Davis said when their truck finally stopped, she felt helpless as her daughter Paisley got outside of the truck and calmed her down.
“What's hard as a mom is that I wasn't able to help anybody, and I could just barely touch my son's leg and I had her hand. But I think that was the most frustrating part because I could kind of move around, but I couldn't get out.”
Luckily, the driver of the truck that passed them pulled over and called first responders. They used the "Jaws of Life" to free the family.
Davis and Paisley got out with some scrapes and bruises. But her 12-year-old son has a cracked sternum and injured his neck, while her husband broke his collarbone and has to repair his rotator cuff. Davis also said their dog Bella didn't survive the crash.
Davis said they have a long road to recovery, but they are ready to take it on with support from their loved ones.
“Thanks to that guy that stopped for us,” Davis said. “I want to say thank you to God, and I want to say thanks to all our family and friends that have been sending their thoughts and prayers to us."
- Veneta family recovering after horrific rollover crash
- Two Veneta families displaced in overnight house fires
- Veneta family races against clock to save dog
- Firefighter arrested for DUII after four-vehicle crash near Veneta
- Noti woman killed in Highway 126 crash near Veneta
- Crash sends biker to the hospital in Veneta
- Deputies investigating vandalism reports in Veneta area
- House under construction catches fire in Veneta
- Veneta man arrested after standoff with police
- Rollover crash on Beltline causes traffic delays