Photo Gallery 1 Images
ROSEBURG, Ore. - In a unanimous vote, the Douglas County Veterans Forum has given the Chief of Surgery at the Roseburg VA, Dr. Dinesh Ranjan, a vote of no confidence. In doing so they have asked for his resignation.
Representatives of the forum said they came to this decision with the help of both past and present employees who felt they weren't being treated right.
They said the decision also had to do with "botched surgeries" that had come up over the years.
The VA has said they take these kinds of concerns and the concerns of their veterans very seriously. They said they're currently in the process of contacting the Veterans Forum to discuss the issue further.
Larry Hill, President of the Douglas County Veterans Forum, said this organization is for veterans to help veterans.
”It’s incumbent upon organizations to be watchdogs to ensure that our veterans are cared for in every way possible so that’s what we do," Hill said.
He's unsure yet what will be the decision by officials, but Hill said he's happy this issue is at least on their radar now.
- VA Chief of Surgery receives a vote of no confidence
- Roseburg VA chief of surgery steps down
- UK government survives no-confidence vote after historic Brexit defeat
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Eugene V.A. needs volunteer drivers
- DeFazio tours Roseburg VA campus
- Roseburg VA using alternative therapies
- Beaver Gymnasts find confidence in floor routines
- SPECIAL REPORT: Eugene VA staff fear retaliation
- Veterans express frustration at VA town hall