Photo Gallery 4 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- A Utah man is being investigated in a series of robberies in Eugene. Police said the crimes were committed on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday.
Investigators said John Edward Flynn, 28, robbed multiple businesses this week.
Officers were called out to the GNC Store on Willamette Street Sunday after a man armed with a bladed object threatened employees and demanded cash. They said the same thing happened the next day at the Jimmy Johns down the street.
On Thursday, they said Flynn tried to rob Radar Toys on West 11th Ave in the same manner around 4:15 p.m. Witnesses saw him leave in a dark Mercury Mountaineer with Utah plates.
Three hours later, police responded to a robbery at the Subway on Willamette Street. Witnesses told them the suspect displayed a knife, demanded cash and left in a Mercury Mountaineer.
Officers tracked the suspect down at a gas station on West 18th, where he was identified as Flynn. They also discovered multiple knives inside the Mercury and found out that the SUV was stolen out of Utah on Feb.1. They believe he also stole a credit card and committed a burglary back in Utah.
- Utah man investigated in string of robberies
- Couple sentenced for string of bank robberies in southern Oregon
- Police investigating string of car break-ins in Eugene neighborhood
- Eugene police investigate cafe robbery
- Man suspected in string of burglaries arrested in Douglas County
- Beavs lose big to Utah
- Roseburg Police investigate robbery at Walgreens
- Three men investigated in Albany robbery case
- Police investigating multiple armed robberies in Eugene
- String of high-profile incidents puts strain on Eugene police