Photo Gallery 2 Images
COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- A local school union is calling for an investigation into the superintendent of the South Lane School District after an allegation that she wrote a letter that “slanders and harasses” a school district employee.
The anonymous letter, which was received by the South Lane School Board in August 2017, criticizes a teacher in the school district and praises Superintendent Krista Parent.
Parent, who has been with the district since 1996, is accused of writing the anonymous letter.
South Lane Education Association President Diane Hicks wrote a letter to the school board Sunday on behalf of 110 union members. The letter from the union calls for an investigation and urges the board to place Parent on paid administrative leave.
According to a document obtained by KEZI 9 News, a Cottage Grove resident asked former Eugene Police Department Forensic Document Examiner James Green to examine the letter and find out if Parent wrote it.
According to Green’s report, it is “probable” that Parent authored the letter.
South Lane School Board member Jerry Settelmeyer said the board needs to discuss the situation soon so the students in the district don’t suffer.
“Any issue that is negative or could possibly have negative impact on our children should be addressed quickly, whether it’s one person concerned or 110 people concerned,” Settelmeyer said.
KEZI 9 News has reached out to the teacher’s union as well as other school board members, but as of Tuesday night has not yet received a response.
Stay with KEZI 9 News for the latest information as more develops.
- Union calls for investigation into South Lane superintendent, anonymous letter
- Krista Parent ousted as South Lane superintendent
- Letter scam targeting Lane County residents
- ICE union calls for criminal investigation of Portland mayor
- Anonymous donor gives $100,000 to Eugene YMCA
- AFSCME union ratifies tentative agreement with Lane County
- Lane County deputy on leave pending investigations
- Lane County deputy resigns amid misconduct investigation
- Anonymous $10K donation put in Salvation Army kettle
- Albany school superintendent under investigation, placed on leave