EUGENE, Ore. -- Umbrella Properties is under fire after a woman posted on Facebook saying that she found black mold in her Eugene apartment and the company hasn't done enough to address the problem.
Ashley Gilmore said before she moved into her Oak Meadow apartment, she told management about the mold she found and documented it.
She told KEZI 9 News that Umbrella Properties, the company that manages Oak Meadow Apartments, gave her mold remover and never came back to help.
Her kids now suffer from many different health problems, including asthma, upper respiratory infections and pneumonia, Gilmore said. Her doctor is on speed dial, and they have had to go to the emergency room multiple times because her kids are consistently sick from what she said is black mold.
An official with Umbrella Properties said they're following protocol and they've scheduled Northwest Hazmat to assess the situation on Friday.