ALBANY, Ore. -- A two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Highway 20 and Knox Butte Road killed an Albany woman Monday.
Oregon State Police troopers responded to the crash at about 9:45 a.m., and Linda Olson, 76, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said Olson was driving a gray 2006 Chevrolet Colorado and attempted the turn left onto the highway from Knox Butte Road but failed to yield the right of way to a red 1999 Ford F250 pickup driven by Ryan Tilley, 42, of Albany.
The Ford struck the driver’s side of the Chevrolet. Both drivers were wearing safety belts.
Tilley received minor injuries and was transported to the hospital by his wife who arrived on scene after the crash.
The highway at Knox Butte Road was closed, and traffic was redirected for about four hours.
The investigation is ongoing.
OSP was assisted by the Linn County Sheriff’s Office, Albany Fire Department, Oregon Department of Transportation and the Linn County Defense Attorney’s Office.
- Two-vehicle crash kills Albany woman on Highway 20
- Crash near Corvallis kills Albany woman
- Albany man killed in crash
- Teenager killed in Albany crash
- North Bend woman killed in crash on Highway 101
- Noti woman killed in Highway 126 crash near Veneta
- Crash on Highway 38 kills 2
- Man killed in crash on Highway 126
- One killed in crash on Highway 126
- Depoe Bay woman dies in Highway 20 crash