UMPQUA, Ore. -- Two loggers were rescued near the 17000 block of Tyee Road Tuesday morning, fire officials said.
Douglas County Fire District No. 2 responded to the area at about 9:30 a.m. after a report of a logging accident involving two people, with one pinned under a log.
Rescue crews found two people about 800 feet down a steep embankment.
One of the loggers was flown to RiverBend Hospital in Springfield with multiple trauma injuries. The other logger was taken to Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg by ambulance with minor injuries.
- Man killed in Douglas County logging accident
- Two rescued after logging accident in Douglas County
- Springfield man dies in logging accident
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident
- Two Douglas County men patent a machine to transform log waste
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office seeking Search and Rescue volunteers
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Gunfire exchanged in Douglas County
- Seneca Jones Timber Company discusses logging plans
- Electronic logging devices hold truckers accountable