COOS BAY, Ore. – Two people were sent to the hospital after a house fire Friday evening.
Fire officials were called to the home located on S. 4th St. around 7:35 p.m. Crews said they could see the flames and smoke from the large fire two blocks away.
Officials said the fire started in a bedroom and quickly grew.
They said everyone made it out, but one person had to be rescued by another family member. Those two residents were taken to Bay Area Hospital.
Officials said one person was treated for smoke inhalation and the other was transported to OHSU Hospital with significant heat-related injuries.
While crews were able to contain the fire, they said there was smoke and water damage to the rest of the building, as well as a neighboring home. Officials said the home was an older house converted into a triplex. They said occupants in another apartment located in the triplex were displaced.
Damage is estimated to be around $80,000.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Two people hospitalized after house fire in Coos Bay
- Coos Bay couple killed in house fire
- Fire destroys house in Coos Bay
- Fire destroyed house in Coos Bay Sunday
- Man escapes house fire in Coos Bay
- McAuley Hospital in Coos Bay demolished
- Coos Bay apartment fires sends three to the hospital
- Coos Bay house fire intentionally set, investigators say
- Coos Bay man charged with arson in two house fires
- House catches fire twice hours apart in Coos Bay