TENMILE, Ore. -- Fire crews responded to a natural cover fire, burning near Ben Irving Reservoir 10 miles southwest of Winston Thursday afternoon.
Two fires were located, burning in grass, brush and young trees, Douglas Forest Protective Association officials said.
Two helicopters were diverted from the Milepost 97 Fire to assist with the fires.
RELATED: Milepost 97 Fire
Crews from the DFPA, Tenmile Rural Fire Department and Winston and Dillard fire departments responded, and they were there until midnight mopping up.
One fire burned about half an acre while the other fire burned about an acre and a half.
According to the investigation, the cause of the fires may be vehicle related.
- Two fires burn near Ben Irving Reservoir
- Flu-symptom outbreak declared at Irving Elementary
- Firefighters put out grass fire on Reservoir Hill in Roseburg
- Terwilliger Fire nearly triples in size near Cougar Reservoir
- Algae blooms prompt advisory for Dorena Reservoir
- Man drowns at Fern Ridge Reservoir
- Man found dead at Hills Creek Reservoir
- Advisories lifted at Dorena Reservoir and Upper Klamath Lake
- University of Oregon crew team rescued at Dexter Reservoir
- Fatal crash along Cottage Grove Reservoir shuts down road