Photo Gallery 2 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- The Eugene Police Department is investigating a serious car crash that happened shortly after midnight Wednesday.
Police shut down the intersection of South Bertelsen Road and London Court for hours following the crash. Both lanes of South Bertlsen Road were closed from West 18th Avenue to Henry Court during the investigation.
Police said the two people in the car were trapped inside and both were taken to the hospital. There is no word on the extent of injuries.
Police said speed was a factor, and alcohol may also have been a factor.
Roads were confirmed reopened when KEZI 9 News staff checked in with police around 6:45 a.m.
- Two-car crash shuts down intersection in west Eugene
- Major Eugene intersection reopens after pedestrian-involved crash
- Boy hit by car in west Eugene
- Residents demand changes at popular Eugene intersection
- Crash kills 1, shuts down River Road in Eugene
- Fatal crash shuts down Washington Street in Eugene
- Fire shuts down 30th Avenue in Eugene
- Man hit at Eugene intersection neighbors call dangerous
- Eugene car fires considered arson
- Second Eugene police car involved in crash Thursday