EUGENE, Ore. – Two people are facing charges after a pursuit through Eugene ended in Springfield Monday morning.
Ronald Hartsfield, 30, of Westfir reportedly ingested heroin and was taken to the hospital after the chase. Lane County deputies said he was then taken to the Lane County Jail on warrants and charges relating to Monday's pursuit. Passenger Sarah Baroni, 27, of Eugene also received medical evaluation and was taken to the jail on two warrants.
The Lane County Sheriff’s Office said the pursuit started Monday at around 1:20 a.m. after police stopped a green Ford Expedition driven by Hartsfield near the 600 block of River Road for suspicion of driving under the influence and traffic violations.
Deputies said Hartsfield gave a false name, was slow to give an answer and was unable to provide identification.
Another passenger ran from the car while the deputy was talking to Hartsfield. Afterwards, deputies said Hartsfield ran through several red lights going from Chambers Street to 7th Avenue to Coburg Road and then onto Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
The chase ended after Hartsfield drove onto a hiking path near the West-D boat ramp in Springfield ending in the Patterson Slough.
- Two arrested after police chase through Eugene ends in Springfield
- Police chase ends in Springfield arrest
- Springfield police chase suspect to Eugene neighborhood
- Driver arrested after police chase through Eugene and Springfield
- Man arrested after police chase in Springfield
- Springfield police arrest rape suspect in Eugene
- Man arrested after police chase in Eugene
- Driver arrested after police chase in Eugene
- Salem man arrested for leading police on chase in Springfield
- California fugitive arrested after police chase in Springfield