KODIAK, AK -- UPDATE: The National Weather Service has cancelled the tsunami watch for the west coast of the United States, including Oregon, after a powerful earthquake in the Gulf of Alaska.
ORIGINAL: This morning the entire west coast is under a tsunami watch after a magnitude 7.9 earthquake struck in the Gulf of Alaska overnight.
Areas in Oregon that are affected include Seaside, Newport, and Brookings. Tsunami watches may be upgraded or cancelled as the morning progresses. Check arrival times of a possible tsunami along the west coast by clicking here.
- Tsunami watch canceled for Oregon coast after 7.9 earthquake near Alaska
- Earthquakes strike off Oregon Coast
- Small earthquake hits Oregon's coast
- Earthquake recorded off Oregon coast
- Alaska tsunami poses no threat to Oregon, officials say
- Numerous earthquakes strike off Oregon Coast
- Earthquake strikes off Reedsport coast
- Tsunami warning in effect in Alaska after quake
- Small earthquake hits Pacific Ocean off coast of Oregon
- Earthquakes off Oregon Coast no cause for alarm, experts say