EUGENE, Ore. -- A pickup truck lost control and smashed into a house Thursday evening, sending one passenger to the hospital with what were described as serious injuries.
Police said the truck was headed northbound on North Bertelsen Road around 7:20 p.m. when it smashed into the back of a house on Hope Loop. Two people were in the home at the time but were not injured.
Police said there were two people in the truck. A female passenger was taken to Riverbend.
The driver, Travis Anthony Simonis, was arrested on charges of DUII, reckless driving and reckless endangering.
North Bertelsen road was closed for hours between Roosevelt and Elmira.
- Truck smashes into house, driver suspected of DUII
- Taxi driver arrested for DUII
- Redmond DUII driver crashes into canal
- Driver crashes into ARCO sign, police investigating as DUII
- Driver accused of hit-and-run and DUII in Eugene
- Driver cited for DUII after crash in Lane County
- Oregon officer hurt after DUII suspect hits patrol car
- UPDATE: Springfield Teacher Arrested for DUII
- Former UO basketball player facing DUII charges
- Driver who crashed into Arco sign faces list of charges including DUII