ALLEGANY, Ore. – Oregon State Police have identified the man found dead in a truck submerged in the Coos River near Allegany.
Troopers say they responded to a report of a pickup in the river around 10:30 a.m. on April 11.
They say the truck was heading east on Highway 241 when it drifted off the road down a steep embankment and into the river. They have not determined why.
The vehicle was completely submerged in eight feet of water, officials said.
The driver, Kenneth Nailon, 66, of Creswell was found dead inside. No one else was in the truck.
Troopers say witnesses spotted the truck in the water and they tried to save Nailon but were unsuccessful.
- Troopers find man's body in submerged truck
- Body found in submerged vehicle in Willamette River
- Missing Springfield man found dead in submerged vehicle
- 2 men found dead in vehicle submerged in Collawash River
- Fisherman finds body in Willamette River in Albany
- Montana searchers find body of missing Oregon child
- Troopers search for wanted man in Southern Oregon
- Body of missing Coos County man found
- Body of missing man has been found
- Man accused of stealing UPS truck, crashing