FLORENCE, Ore. -- A dispatch record from Oregon State Police describes a fatal shooting in the Florence area as an attempted "murder and suicide."
Trooper Sheets responded to 90826 Southview Lane at 6:23 a.m. on Tuesday.
Sheets said he found "the husband" in bed with a gunshot wound to the back of the neck. A female, whom Sheets described as the "shooter," was dead in bed next to him.
The Lane County Sheriff's Office said the woman was 71 and the injured man was 75.
Sheets said the husband was taken to Peace Harbor Hospital in Florence.
"There is a lot of heartache involved, a lot of wishes for prayers for the family members, and it's just a really hard thing," said Florence resident Linda Adcox. "It's never good when something like this happens so close to home."
- Trooper describes Florence shooting as attempted 'murder and suicide'
- Victims identified in attempted murder-suicide
- Florence man arrested for murder
- Troopers: Pedestrian killed on Hwy 101 south of Florence
- Man accused of attempted murder in Prineville shooting
- Deputies arrest Florence shooting suspect
- Troopers search for suspect in I-5 attempted kidnapping
- Murder-suicide leaves court case in limbo
- Suspected murder-suicide under investigation near Newport
- Police identify couple in apparent murder-suicide