UPDATE: The rail line between Eugene and Chemult remains out of service after a tunnel collapse, and repairs are estimated to take seven to ten days to complete, according to Union Pacific. The estimated time of repair may change.
Most traffic is being rerouted through Salt Lake City, Utah, adding four to five days to overall transit times.
OAKRIDGE, Ore. -- A partial tunnel collapse east of Oakridge is stopping train traffic in its tracks.
Nobody was hurt in the failure which happened around 2 p.m. Tuesday halfway between Oakridge and Odell Lake along Highway 58.
a Union Pacific spokesman says maintenance operations were underway at the time and no trains were involved.
The railroad says trains are being re-routed through Bend.
Meanwhile, Amtrak says its service will be affected too and passengers will be bused to Klamath Falls.
- Train tunnel partially collapses near Oakridge
- Oakridge Household Hazardous Waste Roundup
- Community reacts to Oakridge murders
- Power is restored to Oakridge
- Major power outage in Oakridge
- Oakridge power struggle pits mayor vs. administrator
- Oakridge Mayor Jim Coey steps down
- Woman charged with two murders in Oakridge
- Oakridge woman gives birth during snowstorm
- One man dies in Oakridge house fire