YONCALLA, Ore. – A Yoncalla couple is without a home after a fire destroyed their single-wide trailer Monday afternoon.
Fire officials said they were called to Williams Road around 3:15 p.m. after kids playing outside saw the trailer’s car port on fire.
Crews sprayed the surrounding homes to prevent the fire from spreading any further.
Several propane tanks caught on fire, but no explosions were reported.
Fire officials said the homeowner went to Drain just before noon, and the fire started while he was gone. The Red Cross is now assisting the couple.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Trailer fire leaves Yoncalla couple without home
- Double house fire under investigation in Yoncalla
- North Douglas County Fire brings fire safety to Yoncalla Elementary
- Yoncalla elects 18-year-old in mayor race
- Yoncalla High School finishes major gym renovation
- Four killed in fiery head-on crash near Yoncalla
- Former Yoncalla mayor offers advice for newly elected 18-year-old
- Yoncalla mayor, now 19, looks to the future
- Fire leaves west Eugene home unlivable
- Couple that escaped Eugene mobile home fire speaks out