MARCOLA, Ore. -- Firefighters in Marcola had their hands full Tuesday night when a 35-foot trailer went up in smoke.
Video from the Mohawk Valley Rural Fire District shows intense flames coming from the fifth-wheel parked near Whitmore and Treston streets.
Chief Steve Wallace said two people were living inside the trailer, but were not home when the fire started.
Wallace said the trailer is a total loss, and was worth about $25,000.
He said his crews had to hand string a thousand feet of fire hoses up a hill to get water on the flames. Propane tanks and tires were also exploding, Wallace said.
The cause has not yet been determined.
"I will go out there tomorrow morning and investigate," Wallace said Tuesday night.
Mohawk Valley RFD is a volunteer department with two paid professionals.
- Trailer burns, explodes in Marcola
- Missing Marcola man found safe
- Marcola teacher voices concern over new logo
- Crews contain brush fire off Marcola Road
- Neighbors speak out about crash in Marcola
- Police arrest Marcola woman in connection with two robberies
- Marcola Household Hazardous Waste Roundup set for Saturday
- Oakridge woman killed in crash on Marcola Road
- Former 4J coach accused of theft resigns from Marcola School District
- Cans of Pam and other cooking sprays exploded and caused severe burns, lawsuits say