OTIS, Ore. (AP) -- Authorities say a toddler was struck and killed in northwestern Oregon by a pickup truck his father backed out of the driveway.
KOIN reports that emergency responders rushed to the home in Otis, Oregon, around 9:45 p.m. Sunday, authorities said in a release. The pickup's 51-year-old driver was backing up in the driveway of the home when his 15-month-old was hit.
The toddler was rushed to Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital but was pronounced dead shortly before midnight.
The family is cooperating, officials said, and no criminal charges are pending.
- Toddler struck, killed by father backing up vehicle
- Pedestrian struck, killed by vehicle on I-105 eastbound
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Corvallis
- Salem woman struck and killed on freeway
- Albany man struck and killed by train
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle on Centennial Boulevard in Springfield
- Teen hospitalized after being struck by vehicle in North Bend
- Man struck and killed by SUV near Camas Valley
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train in Junction City
- Skateboarder struck and killed by SUV in southern Oregon