SPRINGFIELD, Ore. --Twenty years after tragedy struck Thurston High School the community gathered to remember those lost.
holly halter - thurston senior
"Students shouldn't be fearing their lives when they're in classrooms," Holly Halter, a senior at Thurston, said. "I think it should be a happy place. Just going to school and being afraid is not what should happen."
Between 100 to 200 people attended the vigil.
- Thurston community gathers for vigil
- Twenty years later: Community remembers Thurston tragedy
- Blitzing the Preseason: Thurston Colts
- Thurston wins 5A state title
- Thurston High School student designs Nike shoes
- Pipe leak floods Thurston High weight room
- Afternoon classes cancelled at Thurston High School
- Thurston Hills Natural Area to open Saturday
- Second water main leaks in Thurston neighborhood
- Thurston High School girls make it to state wrestling championships