UPDATE: Power has been restored to most Eugene Water & Electric Board customers in south Eugene after an outage Wednesday afternoon.
A handful of households may still be without power as of 5 p.m.
EUGENE, Ore. -- Thousands are without power in south Eugene Wednesday afternoon.
Residents in the areas of West Amazon Drive, Fox Hollow Road and East 40th Avenue in the South Hills are being affected by the outage.
A Eugene Water & Electric Board spokesman said about 2,900 customers are without power as of 4:30 p.m. The outage began at 2:45 when a main breaker failed at the Dillard substation. It is not related to the heat.
Crews expect power to be back at 5:30 p.m. or 6 at the latest.
For more information, click here.
- Power being restored after outage in south Eugene
- Power restored in Eugene after car crash causes outages
- Power restored to Eugene retirement facility after three-day outage
- Power restored in Oakridge after outage
- Power restored in Coos Bay after hours-long outage
- Power restored to thousands after outage in Douglas County
- Power restored after outage leaves many in the dark
- Power is restored to Oakridge
- Crews continue to restore power to Eugene, Springfield
- EWEB launches power outage map