SEATTLE (AP) - The Washington State Patrol is seeking help from the public as they investigate a theft of $400,000 in diamonds.
The patrol says a witness reported an attempted carjacking at about 3:48 p.m. Tuesday on the westbound Highway 520 ramp to northbound I-5 in Seattle.
The patrol says responding troopers determined the incident was actually a diamond theft.
The victim told troopers he was driving to see a jeweler-client when a dark sedan changed lanes and slammed on the brakes, causing him to brake and stop.
The man reported that a second vehicle struck his car from behind and two men wearing bandanas approached his vehicle, breaking out windows, striking him and grabbing a bag of diamonds.
The man told troopers the suspects also took his car key, cellphone and a suitcase.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Vik Mauro at (425) 401-7746.
- Thieves take $400,000 in diamonds in Seattle heist
- Couple pranks package thieves
- Botswana unveils blue diamond to rival the Hope Diamond
- Eugene dog awarded Diamond Collar
- Gurley, Rams throttle Seattle in Los Angeles
- Amazon 'Spheres' landmark opens in downtown Seattle
- ‘Suicidal’ mechanic steals plane from Seattle airport
- Seattle airport reviewing security after plane theft
- Seattle considers exempting tampons from sales tax
- Starbucks cutting 350 jobs at Seattle headquarters