EUGENE, Ore.-- Hundreds of people packed the South Eugene High School gymnasium Tuesday night to see a concert performed by the United States Marine Band.
The orchestra of active Marine personnel play pieces from classical composers to present day artists. People were mesmerized by the sound of more than 60 musicians.
Eugene resident Brett Wilson was in the United States Navy band and attended Tuesday night's concert to support his fellow military musicians.
"Well, I think the Marine Corps band and the Navy band both represent the epitome of what people strive for as for patriotism. Honor, courage, and commitment are a big a deal and the band brings a sense of pride. Music is the most powerful thing we have as a form of communication in the world," Wilson said.
- U.S. Marine Corps Band performs in Eugene
- Garth Brooks to perform in Eugene
- Marines collect toys for less fortunate at Eugene Comic Con
- Oregon Marine Board seeks higher boat fees
- Army Corps of Engineers releasing Dorena dam at 'historic' levels
- Army Corps of Engineers releasing water from Fall Creek Lake
- Fall Creek man blames Corps after property flooded
- Mercy Corps accused of mishandling abuse allegations; board member resigns
- Man interrupts Stormy Daniels' Bend performance