Photo Gallery 1 Images
ROSEBURG, Ore. - The Douglas County Fair Board appointed a new Fairgrounds Director after the previous director, Harold Phillips, retired.
Dan Hults was thrilled to accept the position and said he even got a little bit choked up about it.
Hults had been the operations manager at the fairgrounds since 1998, and before that he was the Food Service Manager at the Oregon State Fairgrounds for 13 years.
Hults said he has loved fairs since he was young, and accepting this position meant so much to him.
He hopes to finish projects he saw began with Phillips and begin some of his own as well.
”You always want to leave the fair in a better state than it was when you found it, and that’s how I’m going to head forward in this with my tenure here, and make this a better fair for those to come in the future. For my grandkids and the great grandkids and things like that," said Hults.
For example, one of the projects Hults said he wants to put work into is the fairgounds' RV Park.
- The Douglas County Fair appoints a new fairgrounds director
- Douglas County Fair announces 2018 entertainment
- Douglas County community speaks out against prices at the fair
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Gunfire exchanged in Douglas County
- Cliff Harrold appointed Lane County sheriff
- 4-H program teaches kids how to raise livestock at the Douglas County Fair
- Tribal Fairness Act awards land back to a Douglas County Indian Tribe
- Organizers: Hydration key to beating the heat at Douglas County Fair
- Benton County seeks public input with fairgrounds survey