NORTH BEND, Ore. -- A teenager was hospitalized Tuesday night after he was struck by a vehicle in North Bend, police said.
Police said the 14-year-old was attempting to cross five lanes of traffic at the intersection of Virginia Avenue and Marion Street just before 6 p.m.
The boy was headed north and crossed in front of a Curry Coastal transit bus stopped in the left turn lane when a vehicle headed westbound on Virginia Avenue hit him.
Police said the bus blocked the driver’s view, and the driver could not have avoided the crash.
The pedestrian was taken to Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay and was alert and conscious. The extent of his injuries are unknown.
- Teen hospitalized after being struck by vehicle in North Bend
- Five teens injured in North Bend crash
- Woman dies in two-vehicle crash near North Bend
- Good samaritan returns North Bend woman's purse
- Couple arrested in North Bend arson, burglary
- Poverty simulation coming to North Bend
- Two-A-Days: North Bend Bulldogs
- Robbery suspect arrested in North Bend
- Missing North Bend man found dead
- Teen fatally stabs man who broke into North Bend home, sheriff's office says