NORTH BEND, Ore. -- A North Bend man was fatally stabbed Wednesday after authorities said he kicked in his ex-girlfriend’s front door and charged her 18-year-old son.
The Coos County Sheriff’s Office responded to White Lane at about 6 a.m. to a reported stabbing and found Eric Steven Woodworth, 39, dead on the front porch.
Investigators said Woodworth had broken into the home of a woman who had recently ended a relationship with him. They said the woman’s son was armed with a knife and stabbed Woodworth in the chest during an altercation.
No arrest has been made in the case at this time as the sheriff’s office said they believe it to be a matter of self-defense or defense of another person. The investigation is ongoing.
The Coos County Major Crimes Team was called in to investigate and personnel from the Coos County District Attorney’s Office, Coos County Sheriff’s Office, Coquille Tribal Police, Oregon State Police, North Bend Police and South Coast Interagency Narcotics Team assisted.
- Teen fatally stabs man who broke into North Bend home, sheriff's office says
- Five teens injured in North Bend crash
- Teen hospitalized after being struck by vehicle in North Bend
- Good samaritan returns North Bend woman's purse
- Couple arrested in North Bend arson, burglary
- Poverty simulation coming to North Bend
- Missing Missouri man dies in crash in North Bend
- Eugene man arrested in North Bend for allegedly stealing car
- Police: Bend robbery suspect impersonated officer
- Roseburg teens allegedly broke into homes, causing thousands of dollars in damages