DRAIN, Ore. -- A Douglas County student is facing charges after deputies said she made a threat against her high school and other students.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office was contacted after the principal at North Douglas High School was made aware of the threat Monday afternoon.
The principal said the threat was made on social media against the school and against individual students.
School officials said the district made sure students were safe.
The girl is facing disorderly conduct and harassment charges.
- Teen faces charges for threatening school, classmates on social media
- Workshop in Eugene discussed teens and social media
- Pumpkin workout takes social media by storm
- Teen faces charges in stabbing on school property in Lebanon
- Oakridge student faces disorderly conduct charge for threatening statements
- Woman in wheelchair left behind at bus stop faces social media backlash
- Springfield teen arrested after threatening Snapchat post
- Social media tips for your next job search
- Corvallis student accused of making threat on social media
- Consumer Reports looks at social media for reporting food poisoning