TANGENT, Ore. -- A Tangent man was arrested Tuesday in connection with the death of his uncle, the Linn County Sheriff's Office said.
Chad Adam Cheever, 45, faces charges of first-degree manslaughter and second-degree assault.
Dispatch received a 911 call Friday, Sept. 21, at 4:21 p.m. about a man who was unconscious and not breathing. Paramedics responded to the 31000 block of McLagan Road in Tangent and pronounced Donald Whisenhunt, 61, deceased.
The sheriff’s office said the following investigation determined Cheever and Whisenhunt had a physical altercation around 7 p.m. Sept. 20, and the injuries Whisenhunt sustained caused his death.
Investigators located Cheever at the Union Gospel Mission in Salem at 10:50 a.m. Tuesday and interviewed him. Cheever is lodged in the Linn County Jail.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective John Lovik, 541-967-3950.
- Tangent man facing manslaughter, assault charges
- Man faces manslaughter charges after fatal crash near Junction City
- Oregon Powder Coating in Tangent catches fire
- Bald Eagles found dead near Tangent
- Eugene Teacher Faces Assault Charges
- Mother faces manslaughter, neglect charges after son's death
- Tangent business loses building due to massive fire
- Fatal crash in Tangent leaves one local woman dead
- Man faces murder charge after victim dies following assault
- Springfield man charged with manslaughter in infant's death