TANGENT, Ore. – A Tangent man is in jail facing numerous sexual abuse charges, the Linn County Sheriff’s Office said.
Michael Long, 35, was arrested Tuesday following an investigation that started in August.
Deputies said the Marion County Sheriff’s Office reported information to them about Long engaging in inappropriate Facebook conversations with a 12-year-old girl.
During the investigation, detectives said they were made aware of a 9-year-old girl who disclosed she had been sexually abused by Long.
Long is in the Linn County Jail. He faces six counts of first-degree sex abuse, three counts of first-degree sodomy, two counts of unlawful sexual penetration and one count each of first-degree rape, third degree sex abuse, strangulation, luring a minor and private indecency.
The investigation is ongoing. Additional charges are pending, deputies said.
Detectives believe there may be more victims.
If you have any information about Long, contact Detective Tracy White at 541-917-6652.
- Tangent man arrested on multiple child sex abuse charges
- Tangent man facing manslaughter, assault charges
- Lebanon man accused of child sex abuse
- Oregon Powder Coating in Tangent catches fire
- Bald Eagles found dead near Tangent
- Lebanon man faces sex abuse charges
- Springfield man facing sex abuse charges
- Springfield police arrest Eugene man on sex abuse charges
- Registered sex offender arrested Tuesday on sex abuse charges
- Eugene man charged with child sexual abuse