EUGENE, Ore. -- You could say firefighting runs deep in the Anderson household. So much so that they turned a fire truck into the fire duck.
"I was a volunteer when I was in law school, my son in law is a professional firefighter, so this came up from his old department as a surplus and it was yellow so we tricked it out,” Oregon Duck fan Don Anderson said.
Over the last seven years the fire duck has been in the same exact spot. All of its amenities make it hard for fans to not notice.
"It pulls out which is awesome. The TV, the speakers, the overhang, everything just kind of blew me away. It’s not the type of tailgating that I’ve been used to,” Washington State Cougar fan Patrick Fletcher said.
The fire duck isn't only the favorite for adults it also pulls in a number of young ducklings.
The truck not only brings the family together but also shows off their duck pride.
“It’s a great family bonding thing, it’s like going camping only we don’t have to sleep on the ground,” Anderson said.
- Tailgate Spotlight: The Fire Duck
- Tailgate Spotlight: Mesher's magic ribs
- Tailgate Spotlight: Oregon Duck fans take tailgating to a new level
- Tailgate Spotlight: Reunion like no other
- Tailgate Spotlight: Generations in the making
- Tailgate Spotlight: Gascho's truck brings in hundreds of fans
- Tailgate Spotlight: Lane Harris and the West Virginia Trailer
- Tailgating changes at Autzen
- Ducks win exhibition game
- Ducks begin preseason practice