EUGENE, Ore. -- A yellow and green school bus has been parked in the exact same parking spot for every single home at Autzen Stadium for the past ten years.
This tailgate is known for looking significantly different from all the others in the Autzen parking lot.
It looks retro on the outside and has the new Duck colors on the inside including the opponent’s mascot hanging from the roof of the bus.
The owner of the bus, Mike Gaber, says he chose to buy a bus for his tailgate because he can pack all his game day needs into one place.
Hundreds of signatures cover the walls and ceilings of this bus but it’s not only Duck fans coming to take a peek inside. Gaber says he lets the opposite team’s fans come inside too.
“In the spirit of sportsmanship because you know what they’re here, they’re having fun, they’ve traveled a lot longer than we have and so we let them in the bus. They’re very respectful…some not so much, but we let them in except the Beavers,” Gaber said.
The group of fans who run this unique bus have known their role since 1991 when they first started tailgating in Autzen Stadium.
They say they do not plan on stopping this tradition anytime soon.
They’ll be parked in the same parking spot for ever single home game until the bus stops running.
- Tailgate Spotlight: The Fire Duck
- Tailgate Spotlight: Oregon Duck fans take tailgating to a new level
- Tailgate Spotlight: Mesher's magic ribs
- Tailgate Spotlight: Gascho's truck brings in hundreds of fans
- Tailgate Spotlight: Reunion like no other
- Tailgate Spotlight: Generations in the making
- Tailgating changes at Autzen
- Tailgate Spotlight: Lane Harris and the West Virginia Trailer
- Eugene City Council OKs extended tailgating time at Autzen Stadium
- Fans react to Ducks loss