CORVALLIS, Ore. -- Scott Gascho's SEC style truck was the toast of the Reser Stadium parking lot on Saturday afternoon.
“I went to the LSU game and I learned what real tailgating was all about so I said it's time to step up to the game,” Gascho said.
He stuffs the truck with food, alcohol and furniture. Fans pile into the truck before they get to Reser Stadium and ride all together.
A core group of fifty people are at the tailgate every home game and the group ranges from longtime season ticket holders to current students.
Oregon State University student Bailey Shorter said, “There’s like a hundred people here every time because they provide food and drinks and things like that and they’re also like a really fun family because they went here, so they are a lot of alumni which is really cool to talk about academics and sports and it's really motivating to see how successful everyone else here is.”
The tailgate’s prime positioning in the Reser Stadium parking lot gives the fans a chance to wish the Beavers team well before the game starts.
- Tailgate Spotlight: Gascho's truck brings in hundreds of fans
- Tailgate Spotlight: Mesher's magic ribs
- Tailgate Spotlight: The Fire Duck
- Tailgate Spotlight: Oregon Duck fans take tailgating to a new level
- Tailgate Spotlight: Reunion like no other
- Tailgate Spotlight: Generations in the making
- Tailgate Spotlight: Lane Harris and the West Virginia Trailer
- Tailgating changes at Autzen
- TSA PreCheck event brings in hundreds
- Ducks fan: 'Unfortunately, winning brings on bad behavior sometimes'