SWEET HOME, Ore. – A woman was arrested after shooting her husband in his sleep, Sweet Home police say.
Authorities received a report of the incident at about 1:40 a.m. on Wednesday. It happened in the 1300 block of Clark Mill Road.
Police said officers arrived to the scene and found Mary Rochefort, 62, of Sweet Home returning to the home in a car. They then found a 59-year-old man suffering from a gunshot wound inside the home.
The man was conscious and alert and was taken to a local hospital, police said. His injuries are not considered to be life threatening.
Rochefort was arraigned on Thursday. She faces charges of first-degree assault (constituting domestic violence) and ulawful use of a weapon.
The investigation is ongoing. If you have any information, contact detectives at 541-367-5181.
- Sweet Home woman accused of shooting husband in his sleep
- Man dead after shooting near Sweet Home
- Cougar killed in Sweet Home
- S.C. woman accused of killing husband with eye drops
- Man arrested after fatal shooting in Sweet Home
- Sweet Home student intended to shoot a classmate, police say
- Sweet Home Police make identity theft arrest
- OSP trooper honored in Sweet Home
- Police investigate crash in Sweet Home
- Two-A-Days: Sweet Home Huskies