EUGENE, Ore. -- Dozens of vintage Volkswagens rolled into Sweet Cheeks Winery Sunday for the VW Show and Shine.
This is the first time the winery has hosted this event, but those who showed up and showed off their vintage wheels say that they have events all the time.
Members of the Oregon Bus Club say that it takes a special person to have a real love for VWs.
"It's a special vehicle," they said. "It has a special smell, it has a special sound and I think we all have the same feeling about the buses and bugs. They're all like 40 years old and so keeping them running is a bit of a challenge. Every time you go out it's like an adventure."
The club has events every Monday and they are always looking for new members to join.
Their only requirements are that you have to be a good person and you have to love Volkswagens.
- Sweet Cheeks Winery hosts VW Show and Shine
- Sweet Cheeks Winery raises money for California wildfire victims
- Car wrapping scam uses winery's name
- Francis Ford Coppola acquires Oregon winery
- Wineries in western Oregon affected by smoke taint
- New electric car charging stations installed at Pfeiffer Winery
- Umpqua Valley wineries, food bank partner for 'Pouring Generosity'
- Napa Valley winery rejects 2,000 tons of Oregon grapes
- Oregon seeks investigation of California winery label claims
- California winery to alter wine names after Oregon complains