Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- Eugene police arrested a suspect Tuesday night after an hours-long standoff, Eugene police said.
Jeremy Jay Davis, 43, has been charged with assault in the fourth degree and strangulation.
Around 10:20 p.m. police received a report of a domestic assault involving a home at 1890 Potter Alley.
Investigators said a woman escaped the home, but her husband barricaded himself inside. A SWAT team was called in.
"A bunch of SWAT pulled up and then really quickly it just escalated," neighbor Rumeez Haq said. "And eventually they busted open the door, threw flashbangs. It was super intense."
During the standoff, East 18th and 19th avenues were closed between Potter and Harris streets.
Stay with KEZI 9 News for updates.
- Suspect arrested after hours-long SWAT standoff in Eugene
- Standoff suspect arrested by SWAT
- Suspect in SWAT standoff in Eugene has history of arrests
- SWAT team arrests burglary suspect at Eugene Hilton
- UPDATE: Barricaded man hospitalized after SWAT standoff in Marion
- Police draw out, arrest man after four-hour standoff
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect
- Stabbing suspect arrested in Eugene
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff
- Man suspected in mother's death arrested after standoff in Tualatin