BEND, Ore. -- A Bend resident reported a suspicious device they said looked like a pipe bomb on a curb Monday evening, officials said.
The device was found at the intersection of Brookswood Boulevard and Lodgepole Drive around 5:30 p.m.
When Bend police responded and located the device, the responding officers were unable to determine if the device was dangerous, so they called the Oregon State Police Bomb Squad in Salem.
Just over three hours after the report came in, the bomb squad arrived and rendered the device safe. The device was transported to Salem where it will undergo further examination.
- Suspicious device found in Bend
- Suspicious device deemed safe
- Springfield police investigate suspicious device
- Suspicious device found near Eugene parking garage deemed safe
- Suspicious device forces evacuation of LTD bus station in Eugene
- Donations pour in for boy found near Bend
- Bend murder suspect pleads guilty
- Bend population on the rise
- Woman's body found in Newport home; death deemed suspicious
- Bend man arrested on child pornography charges