SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Three people are in jail after a man told police he was kidnapped, assaulted and robbed in the WinCo Foods parking lot in Springfield early Sunday morning.
Shane Lewis, 29, of Eugene and two 16-year-old boys were taken into custody on charges of second-degree assault, first-degree kidnapping, second-degree robbery and unauthorized use of a vehicle.
Police said they contacted Hunter Wilson, 30, at about 3 a.m., who reported that three suspects held him inside a motorhome parked near the store, and assaulted him with a golf club, airsoft rifle and other weapons. Wilson said the suspects doused him with gasoline and threatened to light him on fire.
During the incident, the suspects robbed him, stole his vehicle and continued to torture him for more than two hours. Wilson said he was eventually released but was warned to not reach out to police.
Springfield police found the stolen vehicle and the motorhome at a residence in west Eugene later in the day and arrested the three suspects with the assistance of the Eugene Police Department.
Stolen property and other evidence was found during the investigation, police said.
Lewis is being held at the Lane County Jail, and the two 16-year-olds were lodged at the Serbu Juvenile Justice Center.
If you have any information, contact police at 541-726-3721.
- Three arrested after man kidnapped, robbed outside Springfield WinCo
- Springfield man robbed at gunpoint
- Potential WinCo development raises traffic concerns
- Winco doing traffic study in north Eugene
- Springfield business robbed at gunpoint, suspect sought
- Man assaulted, robbed outside of Springfield Fred Meyer
- WinCo may replace closed Shopko on Chad Drive
- Neighbors oppose possible WinCo development on Chad Drive
- Winco Foods formally submits application for new building
- WinCo traffic study calls for minor changes along Coburg Road