PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A Medford woman was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after authorities say she struck garbage cans and drove into a ditch during a Taco Bell run.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports 39-year-old Diane Wilcox left her home Tuesday morning to travel to a Taco Bell about six miles (10 kilometers) away.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says she began hitting garbage cans and nearly struck an elderly couple while she was driving home.
Authorities say she then drove into a ditch near her home and bystanders forced her to stop.
Authorities say she had a blood alcohol level of 0.55 percent, and she was taken to the hospital for treatment. The legal limit in Oregon is 0.08 percent.
Sheriff's office Sgt. Julie Denney says her blood alcohol level can be fatal.
- Suspected drunken driver arrested after Taco Bell run
- Taco Bell robbed at gunpoint in Eugene
- Oregon bus driver charged with drunken driving
- Police: Drunken driver crashes into state trooper
- Homeless woman sticks man with syringe at Taco Bell drive thru
- Taco Bell seasoned beef is being recalled over concerns of metal contamination
- Police search for hit-and-run driver
- Taxi driver arrested for DUII
- Driver arrested after hit and run crash with school bus in Marion County
- Standoff suspect arrested by SWAT