Photo Gallery 2 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- The Eugene Police Department is investigating several cases of counterfeit money being used at local stores and restaurants.
Officers said the man will use fake bills of large denominations to pay for inexpensive items in order to receive cash back with each transaction.
Police are asking anyone who has any information on the identity of the suspect to call them at 541-682-5111.
Officers are urging shoppers, and store employees to carefully examine bills before using them for purchases. They said fake bills are unusual in color, texture, and have unusual writing or printing on them.
- Suspect sought in several cases of fake money
- Armed robbery suspects sought
- Corvallis pharmacy burglarized, suspects sought
- Two suspects sought in Eugene deli robbery
- Market robbed at gunpoint, suspect sought
- Springfield business robbed at gunpoint, suspect sought
- Suspect sought for sexually assaulting woman, threatening her with hammer
- Continued protection sought for medical-marijuana states
- Evangelist sought prayer for Governor Kate Brown
- Murder suspect identified in Aloha dismemberment case