EUGENE, Ore. – A woman arrested in a stolen-vehicle case involving a baby is now facing a kidnapping charge, police said.
Faith Rhoads, 18, made her first court appearance on Friday. She appeared in front of a judge at the Lane County Jail on a methamphetamine possession charge.
Rhoads did not enter a plea for that charge and has been assigned a public defender. Her next court appearance has been scheduled for 2:30 p.m. on Sept. 30.
This afternoon, police announced that after further investigation Rhoads is also facing charges in connection to the stolen-vehicle crash on Aug. 14. Police said her charges include second-degree kidnapping, delivery of meth, unauthorized use of a vehicle, first-degree theft and reckless endangering.
The case involving the crash is still under investigation.
Police said they arrested Rhoads on Thursday just before 9 p.m. They said she was spotted walking in a parking lot on River Road, and they contacted her regarding a warrant for her arrest. Police said they found information to arrest her on the warrant and an additional charge for meth possession.
Raevyn Thompson works at the Black Rock Coffee Bar where Rhoads was arrested. She said she was just finishing up work when police arrested Rhoads. She said she didn't know who she was until a customer pointed her out.
"We see a lot of people who get pulled over and stuff like that in this parking lot, so I wasn't really worried about that," Thompson said. "But once the person mentioned who she was, it was kind of more interesting to see."
Rhoads was also charged with unauthorized use of a vehicle from a separate incident on Aug. 17. Police allege she stole a vehicle from a person she knows and said that car was recovered Aug. 20 in the parking lot of Jamba Juice on Green Acres Road.
- Woman facing kidnapping charge in stolen-vehicle crash
- Man faces new kidnapping charge in Linn County
- Baby not seriously injured in stolen-vehicle crash
- Witnesses speak out after baby involved in stolen-vehicle crash
- Three vehicles stolen from Eugene dealership
- OSU student charged in Newport kidnapping
- Couple charged with kidnapping pleads to lesser charges
- Multiple-vehicle crash in Eugene
- Two-vehicle crash kills Albany woman on Highway 20
- Woman dies in two-vehicle crash near North Bend