HARRISBURG, Ore. -- Jimmy Holland, the 17-year-old who was hit by a drunk driver and lost his leg last December, is suing driver Jared Jones and the bar he was at prior to the crash for $3.5 million in damages.
The civil suit states that Vagabond Brewing Company overserved Jones while he was visibly intoxicated, which was “a substantial factor in causing the collision, injuries and damages.”
The Oregon Liquor Control Commision launched an investigation into Vagabond Brewing, as they do with all bars involved in driving under the influence of intoxicants cases, and concluded that they were not guilty.
"The sever staff made statements that they did not overserve or they didn't observe over-intoxication of this individual," said Matthew Van Sickle with the OLCC.
Jones is currently in jail serving a nine month sentence for the incident.
The Holland family's attorney was contacted but declined to comment on the case.
- $3.5M suit claims bar overserved man who hit Harrisburg teen
- Elmira raises money for Harrisburg teen hit by drunk driver
- Drunk driver who hit Harrisburg teen sentenced to 9 months
- Deputies: wanted man goes on Harrisburg rampage
- Man claims age discrimination in suit against school district
- Harrisburg teen loses leg after being hit by alleged drunk driver
- Elementary student dies in Harrisburg
- Blitzing the Preseason: Harrisburg Eagles
- Two-A-Days: Harrisburg Eagles
- Oregon Duck football players visit Harrisburg teen injured in crash