EUGENE, Ore. -- A push to ban Styrofoam to go containers failed in Oregon.
Two Democrats joined Republicans to vote down the measure in the state Senate. Lawmakers said the ban stifled technological innovation.
Some cities in Oregon have already passed similar laws about Styrofoam. Maine recently became the first state to ban it.
- Styrofoam ban fails to pass in Oregon
- Oregon bans offshore drilling
- Offshore drilling ban poised to pass Oregon Legislature
- Recycle Styrofoam at all St. Vincent De Paul locations
- Springfield man pleads guilty to shipping marijuana inside Styrofoam rocks
- Tougher smoking ban passes for downtown Eugene
- Alabama Senate passes near-total abortion ban
- Oregon agency failed to disclose two day care deaths
- Oregon Legislature fails to approve state hemp commission
- Oregon Senate passes $2 billion education tax