SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Stuff the Bus has officially ended this year and organizers said it was one of the most successful years they have ever had.
For the 23rd year, the community came together to fill an LTD bus with food and new, unwrapped toys just in time for the holiday season.
There were donation barrels in all four Eugene and Springfield Walmart stores on Saturday. An organizer told KEZI 9 News the turnout this year (compared to last year) is night and day.
Donations will support food for Lane County, Toys for Tots and more than 60 local service organizations.
Organizers want people to remember if you didn't make it to the bus, you can donate online through the virtual food drive.
- Stuff the Bus will break 104,000 pounds this weekend
- Stuff the Truck sees great turn out
- Help Camp Fire Wilani 'Stuff the Box!'
- 'Stuff theTruck' drive collects donations to benefit community
- Lane Fire Authority holds annual 'Stuff the Truck' event
- Perdue recalls 31,000 pounds of chicken
- LTD proposes bus route changes
- Indian doctors remove four pound brain tumor from man's head
- Quarter pound of meth seized during traffic stop
- Millions of pounds of seed burned in Halsey warehouse fire