EUGENE, Ore. – Churchill High School students working on a project came across a body in the Amazon Creek natural area Tuesday afternoon.
Police said the person appears to have died of suicide.
Officers responded at about 1 p.m. near 11th Avenue and Oak Patch Road.
The Lane County Medical Examiner will continue the investigation.
The person’s identity has not yet been released.
- Students find body in Amazon Creek area
- Body found floating in Amazon Creek
- Body found in Amazon Creek in west Eugene
- Fall Creek Area Partially Reopens
- Man found dead in Amazon Creek identified
- Crews locate source of Amazon Creek spill
- Car crashes into Amazon Creek in Eugene
- Community reacts to Amazon Creek death
- Man's body found in Creek in Oregon
- Body found in Amazon Canal identified