BANDON, Ore. -- A student in Coos County was suspended after being accused of threatening the school.
Police said school officials called police on March 12 after a student made threats of violence.
The student was suspended and will not be able to return to school until officials finish investigating.
School officials conducted a risk assessment and will discuss the outcome soon.
There was increased police presence at the school Wednesday as students took part in National Walk Out, protesting gun violence.
- Student in Bandon suspended for allegedly making threats of violence
- Woman arrested after knife attack in Bandon
- Former Bandon coach pleads guilty to sex abuse involving child
- Former Bandon coach pleads guilty to child porn
- Officers justified in fatal shooting of man in Bandon
- Road collapse closes Highway 42S east of Bandon
- ODOT opens southbound lane on Highway 42S east of Bandon
- Cleanup continues after a fishing boat catches fire in Bandon
- Bandon man dies after falling at Toketee Falls
- Former Bandon coach gets 30 years for sexually abusing baby